Invitation to the European Sunday Alliance’s Webinar on 1st June 2021
The European Sunday Alliance is pleased to invite you to a webinar on 1st June 2021, from 1:00 to 2:00 pm CET: “The right to disconnect and the need for a European weekly common day of rest”. You are warmly invited to share this invitation and to register via this link by the 28 May 2021 if you wish to participate.
This webinar follows-up from our recent activities on the Right to Disconnect and aims to raise awareness on the need to establish at the EU level a weekly common day of rest for all EU citizens. It will involve key EU stakeholders, including
- MEP Dennis Radtke (EPP, Germany), Sponsor of the European Sunday Alliance
- MEP Alex Agius Saliba (S&D, Malta), Rapporteur of the European Parliament’s recent Resolution on “the right to disconnect”
- MEP Miriam Lexmann (EPP, Slovakia), Member of the European Parliament Intergroup on family-work balance
- MEP Patrizia Toia (S&D, Italy), Co-Chair of the European Parliament’s Intergroup on Social Economy
- Max Uebe, Head of Unit ‘Employment Strategy’ at the European Commission, in charge of the dossier of the right to disconnect at the European Commission
MEP Dennis Radtke (EPP, Germany)
Sponsor of the European Sunday Alliance
Co-Rapporteur of the European Parliament on “A strong social Europe for Just Transitions”
MEP Patrizia Toia (S&D, Italy) Co-Chair of the European Parliament’s Intergroup on Social Economy
Exchange of views
MEP Alex Agius Saliba (S&D, Malta) Rapporteur of the European Parliament on the right to disconnect
MEP Miriam Lexmann (EPP, Slovakia) Member of the European Parliament’s EMPL Committee; Member of the EuropeanParliament Intergroup on Demographic challenges, family-work balance and youth transition
Max Uebe – Head of Unit ‘Employment Strategy’ at the European Commission, DG EMPL, B.1
Q&A with the audience
Conclusions from the ESA Steering Committee
The event will be moderated by Hendrik Meerkamp from the European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions (CESI).
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Policy Adviser for Economic and Social Affairs, Mrs. Alix de Wasseige (email@example.com).